Worth of waiting16 Jun, 2017 1000 Days Content Challenge Subscribe
AS A PHOTOGRAPHER, WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE KEPT WAITING FOR HOURS BEFORE THE WEDDING?
As a wedding photographer, one will nod fast to this question for it is an issue faced often. “Please be there by 5 AM” would’ve been our instruction. But the bride and groom would arrive fashionably late leaving the wedding photographer to fume in silence. In my experience, here are the things that one can do to win the waiting.
1. BRING YOUR LAPTOP, so that you can cull or edit pictures, browse for inspiration or write a blog that is due.
2. LOOK FOR INSPIRATION on the outside by scouting around the location and see if something will strike you as a perspective to try.
3. LISTEN TO AN AUDIO BOOK, (Audible is awesome) for it is a quality time to learn something new.
4. CATCH A POWER NAP, if you are gifted with the art of sleeping anywhere (unlike me) to recharge yourself.
5. TALK TO PEOPLE and make friends which is always fun. Networking helps.
6. CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE by letting go of the worry. Think from the client’s side to realize it is their one big day and there might be a 1000 things pushing/pulling them. So try to go easy on them and yourself.
After all, it is worth the wait. Stay positive. Make use of the time and give it your best shot! You are there to make memories.